RDM Conformance Tester
The RDM Responder Conformance Test is a Windows Application that performs tests on products claiming compliance with the ANSI E1.20 -2010 [Remote Device Management over DMX512 Networks] and ANSI E1.37-1 [Additional Message Sets for ANSI E1.20 (RDM) – Part 1, Dimmer Message Sets] standards and seeks to evaluate a product's compliance with those documents.
The tests provide a clear determination of Pass, Fail, Warning or Advisory levels together with the decoded Parameter Data for all command classes and Parameter ID’s (PIDs).
The RDM Responder Conformance Test is targeted at manufacturers and developers wishing to ensure that product is compliant before being placed on the market, but will be equally useful to technical sales consultants and commissioning engineers wishing to verify that market claims of RDM compatibility are indeed being met. Compliance with standards improves the interoperability of products and greatly enhances the end user experience.
- Results can be exported for use in subsequent reports.
- Filtering by result levels allows the user to isolate messages for detailed analysis.
- Displays transmit and receive raw data in an easy to read format for debugging.
- Manufacturer or Custom PID messages can also be transmitted and the responses analyzed.
- Optional validation of message by message timing is available in conjunction with the Goddard Design interfaces. Extensive testing of a responder’s behavior in the presence is format errors and data range boundary conditions is provided, as is support for messages sent to Sub-Devices.
- The application may be used on a DMX network having multiple responders by selecting a “Responder to Test” from a list of discovered devices. Alternatively it may automatically connect to a single responder. A simple DMX control interface allows RDM testing with and without interleaved DMX packets.